Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm Leigh

I wish you could see the view from here. Books. Everywhere. Stacked high or spread open on the floor. Some with bookmarks and some without, although there are scraps of paper everywhere. An ancient laptop, open and with the battery rapidly dying. Every so often it clicks disconcertingly and the image on the monitor resets in a splash of shattered color. The carpet is stained with ink. There is a glass of water, nearing three evenings old, sitting on the bedside table by a copy of Octavian Nothing. There are dust motes drifting about... and a box of expired allergy medicine by the mirror.

This is my room.

It has come to my attention that simply reading books is no longer quite good enough for me. I need to write them. That is one purpose for this blog. Perhaps I can find one or two people to join me on the way with this work. The second reason, perhaps even more pressing an urge, is that I need to share my passion with others. Some things in life are certain. So here I am. Leigh. 16. Blogging. Spread the word.

0 comments: